10.13.2009

this poem is scratch and sniff



first day off without a plan
in the sometimes
no baseball to watch either
and searching I go
to find substantial entertain
meant for mental me and
the beastly competition craving
before I get four blocks
"Can I take that for you?"
a Mailman with hair invading
his face impolitely
from the north and in rank
but this stranger in blue shorts
took my Netflix returns and made
the rest of my day a complete disappointment
who peaks before 10 a.m.
and lives to tell about it
and why haven't I read them
this poem is scratch and sniff

Poem: "This Poem is Scratch and Sniff" Robert Lescatre
Photo: Jennifer Mapes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

By any chance did you attend West High School in Manchester, NH?

rob said...

yep

Anonymous said...

It's Hillary;)Here is my email, if you would like to catch up. I am living in Boulder now. I would love to hear how you are doing!
haevans97@yahoo.com